There is just so much that I could say right now, but once again – that would be procrastinating.
A lot has been happening in my life lately, some things that I just wasn’t prepared for, and other things that I have been avoiding. Like finishing this book, for example. Never fear – it’s so close, I could almost touch it. In fact, if I knuckle down today – I might just be able to finish it now.
But, since I haven’t blogged for a while, I may as well catch you up on everything that has happened over the past couple of weeks.
- My house is warmer due to all the underfloor insulation that has been going in over the past three weekends.
- My house is now spotless, because I have been refusing to clean it with all the fibreglass crap that has been all over my house – and knowing that more will be distributed with the next lot of insulation going in. All the washing has been done, as well as the dusting, and I have bought new linen for our bed because the other stuff was pissing me off. I couldn’t understand why I was putting up with it, until I realised that I am not actually poor… so there was no reason why I shouldn’t just go and buy something we liked.
- One of our cars is getting fixed. This car has been seriously broken for a while now. Six months. It’s only costing me $1000 bucks to fix it as well. *choke*
- The other car has cost us $600 to get it to a warrantable standard, or else that was going to be an epic fail as well.
- I have been to visit all of the family that live in the region over the past couple of days, because I have been avoiding them and living like a hermit. Including visiting my grandmother, who I haven’t seen in a month. Not cool. Usually I see her at least once a fortnight. Bad granddaughter.
- Oh, and I have watched a lot of movies lately. Mostly good ones too.
So… that’s where I am up to. Fingers crossed that I can finish up this book today or tomorrow. It’s been going on too long now, and I just want to put it aside and start editing.
And everything else that I wasn’t prepared for can go on the back burner for a few days until I work this book out. Then I will sort the rest of my life out. Book first, life later. Everything else can shove it. Writing is what is important to me and my happiness, and I think that it’s about time that some people just figure that out.
Oh, and one last thing. I’m really looking forward to the final instalment of Harry Potter this week. The end of an era, and the conclusion of one. Ciao ciao for now.
Leave a Comment
I hear you on all of this post Sister!
But you know procrastination is a funny thing…sometimes it happens because for some reason you have to take a step back and look at the whole picture…I think for writers, our stories are our babies. We love playing with them while we are writing, we love watching them grow but as we near the time when we have to send them away, we start trying to lengthen time and this is when procrastination comes waltzing int through the door. I have felt this same way vert often and lately I have learnt that the more I try to fight procrastination, the more energy I expend and the less I achieve. So now I try to take a step back and wonder why I am procrastinating.
It sounds like you got a lot done while procrastinating though, which is actually a clever way of procrastination getting its way again.
Again I know the feeling!
Good luck with getting those last scenes written….B.I.C time girl! (butt-in-chair)
Yeah, achieved a lot… just not a lot of writing.
BUT… that’s okay. I need to learn to forgive myself… and to stop beating myself up about things like this. In the meantime, I’m sure that I will achieve lots more too. Then just maybe, I’ll get this book finished. Maybe.
Totally agree with miss last lines here 😛
And not to mention that fact that I understand exactly where you are coming from cos… oh wait… I’m in the same boat. Only mines rocking a bit and telling me I better decided where to get off….. Keep going chick. Sometimes when you are stuck, its is for a good reason. Your WIP is telling you something, and like with little babies we have to figure it out, they ain’t gonna tell us themselves…
Be patient and consistent and don’t forget ot breathe them scented candles….xx Tee