And so we see another year out, and welcome another year into our lives. Every New Year starts out with a wealth of positivity and dreams of good fortune. I am no different in the hopes and dreams of my endeavours. And so, I lay before you all – a list of thirteen goals and objectives that I hope to meet or obtain for this 2013th year. No – these are not resolutions, because I am not one to make resolutions… but these are the things that I would like to accomplish this year.
Whether they happen or not is a different story, and you can be sure that it’s a story that I will one day tell.
Some of these objectives are biggish, and some are a lot smaller. But regardless of size, they are still progress.
So here are the Lucky Thirteen for the 13th year:
- Write Venetian Nights. Currently 5k into it, and I can’t wait to get this highly charged thriller out to readers.
- Renew my commitment to Parchment Place. Everything lapsed in 2012 due to the arrival of Abigail, but 2013 is the year to re-establish my blogging drive.
- Read a minimum of 50 books (I managed to get through 52 in 2012 – but I did read a big chunk of those while on maternity leave!)
- Buy a new car (Somebody smashed into me in 2012, and wrote ours off…. Actually, my husband and I wrote both our cars off within three weeks of each other.)
- Read, review, and make a few decisions about the Talent Trilogy, and decide what work takes priority.
- Put together my graphic design portfolio, and do the odd piece of work for people in that field.
- Publish, or secure a contract to publish a piece of my longer work.
- Clean up my email accounts, and unsubscribe me from stuff I never read. All it does is clog up my virtual world.
- Take Abby overseas – preferably to Bali, but anywhere will do. (I’m feeling the need of a Balinese holiday this year)
- Make it through my best friend’s wedding with Abby in tow, and me as the best man. (Yup – you did just read that correctly.) And also make it through my Mum’s wedding in April.
- Teach Abby all that I can possibly teach her, and have fun doing it.
- Let go of Mediterranean Dreams. Seriously.
- And lucky number 13 – Win the lottery. (You always have to chase after something a little unrealistic, but something that could potentially be real… right?)
So there you have it. That’s the 2013 list…
Now let’s see how much of that I can actually achieve. (I can’t believe that it has actually taken me 6 days to get this post up on my blog! – but at least it’s there.)
And to launch the year off – I thought that I would share Abby’s favourite new song with you all. Quite appropriate, I think!